Has anyone tried ReefMax MH bulbs??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I was rather going for an answer based on other hobbyists.

Maybe I'll PM reefmax.

- Elmo

Wow, nice price. Wondering also if they are any good.
Ilham, when you hear from them, I would be interested in the responce you get.

Hi again. I PM'ed Kevin at ReefMax and he said these exact words.....

"Hi Ilham,

Yes the bulbs are chinese made. They are not, however, made by the manufacturers of the Plus brand bulbs. From looking at different bulbs I believe they might be made by the same company that makes CoralVue bulbs, though I can't say for sure. The pictures on the website are taken under the 175 10K and the 250 14K bulbs. I use the 250 watt 14K's on my 90 gal reef tank, and the 175 watt 10k on my 45 gal seahorse tank....My own opinion of the bulbs is that they are a good quality bulb for an excellent price. I started using them on my own tank as a test.....then a reef buddy of mine saw them and wanted them for his tank.....then some club members wanted them for their tanks.....and so on. I kept getting good reports back on them so I decided to run with them. They have good color and have given me nice coral growth and color-up after an experiment with moving lights turned everything brown"

Kevin answered quickly and I like his promptness.

To another question via PM in which I asked:

"...have you sent some bulbs to Sanjay Joshi for testing? He is in Penn State. I would be curious to see what this bulb resembles.

If you can, please contact him.

Thanks,
Ilham "

Kevin replied,

"Hi again,

Already done, before I decided to start selling them. The 250 14K have spectrum similarities to the coral vue 14K with a PAR value of a coralvue 12K.

Let me know if you're interested in them in the future or you can order them directly from the site.

Thanks again,
Kevin"

- Elmo

Back