Heater for 2.5 gallon reef?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sparks

I'm in need of a submersible <25 watt heater with a thermostat for a cpr2.5 gallon reef that's high up on a book shelf(i.e. meaning there's nothing going to be attached to this). All the little ones I've seen don't have thermostats. Anyone got suggestions on keeping a 2.5 gallon tank at a steady77-79 degrees?

yeah, I may have to invest in a hydor setup, I'm just not thrilled about spending $60+ to heat a 2.5gallon.

I don't know diddly about heaters, but if it would help, I can call Rob at Premium Aquatics and ask him which heater is best and smallest with a thermostat for your size tank. You'd just need to let me know what length of space you have to work with (ie much space do you have for a heater in inches?) Let me know if you'd like me to find out...I don't mind doing it at all:)

sure would, 10" high x 7" wide x 2.5" deep is the space in which it would need to fit.

I just called for him and he was on another call dealing with a customer so I just sent him an e-mail with all the specs and he should get back to me soon to let me know. I'll let you know what I find out:)

Cool...Rob just e-mailed me and said, yes they have some small heaters. I'm supposed to call him back at 3:30 and he'll let me know what will work:)

Back