Hello all!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

glyconny

Hello all! I am new to the forum, but have met some of you at the recent Bob Moore Frag Swap. I look forward to learning alot from all of you. Have a great weekend!

i think you mean 'what kind of pictures do you have of your setup?' lol someone might as well say it, as its not going to go long without happening. we seem to be pretty big on pictures around here. ;)

I second the welcome, and look forward to reading more about your setup!

I have an IM nuvo 30. I assumed it would be relatively inexpensive dip of the toe into the SW hobby, I thought wrong lol. I have found this hobby to be incredibly addicting and have come to realize there is no such thing as a toe dip into this hobby, you're either all in or it won't work. I've had the aquarium up and running for 6 months and things have gone very well so far. I've been inspired and amazed by the quality of the setups that the members here keep, and love all the pics. I will attempt to get pics of my efforts up here this afternoon.

tank1.jpg
From today. I have the Maxspect Razor Nano.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to Reef Frontiers.
It is easier to host your pictures on a media sharing site like photobucket.com. then copy and paist the image code in the reply box. Then they will show up in the post.

great nano though. nice assortment of corals.

IPisces, thanks for the tip neighbor. I met you at the BM frag swap a couple of weeks ago and am looking forward to visiting one day!

Had my first emergency last night. I came home from work, and smelled a burning plastic smell coming from the room with the aquarium. I immediately turned everything off and felt the plugs for warmth. All felt normal. I then removed the mechanicals one by one, and found the culprit. It was the supposedly shatter proof cobalt neo-therm heater. There is a long crack that must have been leaking stuff into the aquarium. within 15 minutes, the fish started to show signs of distress, and all the coral started to retract and close up. I immediately did a water change with as much salt water as I had (3 gallons/10%). This morning the tank definitely smelled better, and the fish and coral were behaving a little more normal. I went to my lfs and got 20 gallons of salt water and some carbon. I intend on doing another water change, upwards of 66% and putting the carbon in one my back chambers. Any other suggestions? My lesson learned is that there's no such thing as unbreakable.

This same thing happen to me. I was very upset cause it was supposed to be shatterproof and when i pulled it out i could smell a alcohol smell that was strong and scared me. I did a 50% water change immediately and then same thing a week later. I had nothing experience anything major. I didn't lose a coral nor a fish. Hope you have the same luck.

Welcome to RF and sweet little nano. Sorry to hear the recent heater issue you just had, but sounds like things will be just fine. Keep up the good work and Happy Reefing :music:

Back