%Hello everyone! Seems to be the right place to be for WA help.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sedrostyle

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let my name be known.
as everyone else says I am deeply in love with saltwaters, and i am so happy I have "localish" help, friends and maybe more.
Cant wait to trade, buy and learn all I can....

So heres the short story :)
I read and read for a year now, and about a month ago I finally made it happen. i picked up a 20 gallon off craigslist ( found out its better to start from scratch then to clen up someones mess but im trying ) also built myself a 29 gallon.

I quickly found out, I regret not going bigger :)
but I am here, full of questions and super excited you people are here to help and learn together.
I am currently building a stand for my 29 at my work, hoping to put a 10 gallon sump fuge underneath, but as i stated above want bigger. I just dont know if I have the space for a 55+ we'll see :)))
Thanks in advance
See you guys around
Steven

Fun! I cant wait to see the pics. (and yes we are the best, no pride, when it's the truth). We will gladly chime in and help with all of our own opinions and beliefs. Are you doing fish only or reef?

Lots of great info here. Whenever I've had questions the people here has been great about responding with great information.

Welcome to RF. Look forward to seeing your build pics and following along. Post pics along the way when you can.
Look forward to meeting you.

awesome to hear. I thought i was in this by myself in skagit valley. thankfully i met a guy that lives no even ten minutes from my house and he puts our lfss to shame. i cant wait to meet everyone soak all the info I can i will have to check out the classifieds when my phone quits acting up sorry in advance for the long, not paragraphed sentances. my computer is in limbo and this is my only way to connect atm.

Welcome aboard. If you want bigger but don't have room, you should look into a 65G not the best size for a reef tank but the foot print isn't much bigger than your 29.

Hey Steven, a BIG :welcome: to Reef Frontiers and glad to have you aboard hope you enjoy it here. Lots of Reefers up your way as well as our Northend club North Sound Reefers and Puget Sound Aquarium Society encompassing most of Western WA you could check out. Our Classifieds section is a great place to aquire livestock and equipment but you must earn the privilage by time & post count first (keeps the spamming to a minimum) and in my opinion makes this site more valuable as a hobbiest without cluttering up the great info threads with buying/selling posts. Like Duane (trido) stated above, if looking to go bigger think outside the box ie: cube style or breeder style tanks. These dimension tanks are also much better all the way around for health of system and aquascaping potential.

Oh! PICS PLEASE

Cheers, Todd

425770f9-2511-aaed.jpg

While i have everyones attention, i did a waterchagne yesterday and moved my dragons breath.... Does the grey area on the left of the main stock mean its dying? :(
I dont have a fuge yet, and i love the way this stuff looks. Ive had it for a week and a half or so and doesnt seem to be growing

Sent from my Evo Shift

awesome to hear. I thought i was in this by myself in skagit valley. thankfully i met a guy that lives no even ten minutes from my house and he puts our lfss to shame. i cant wait to meet everyone soak all the info I can i will have to check out the classifieds when my phone quits acting up sorry in advance for the long, not paragraphed sentances. my computer is in limbo and this is my only way to connect atm.

who would that be? i would like to meet them...always looking for new corals??

Back