Hello everyone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mikezoch

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. In the few days I have been reading on this site I have found this site to be one of the most informed.

My reef tank project is in the planning stages - meaning I'm still reading, learning, asking questions, and saving up for the purchases soon to come.

I bought a used 200 gallon tank thinking I could use that for a reef tank, but it looks like the previous owner used a grinder to clean the tank, so it is now going to be a really nice sump/fug.

Most everything is planned out. I'm dizzy from looking at all of the equipment and hope the pieces I chosen will last quite some time. I have a philosophy of bringing a bazooka to a sparrow hunt - meaning if you think Model X skimmer will work - buy the next size up.

A build thread will follow, but not for a while - I'm still saving up for what should be a really nice tank.

I understand the basics and know generally what I want in the display tank - still need to research more on the husbandry of what I want to keep. Seems like every time I see a new fish or coral or clam or whatever - I go back to see if maybe it will play nice with what I truly want in my tank. The lfs had a really kick - you know what - skate on display - to bad they really big :D.

So I hope my questions aren't to silly - I have a lot of patience - a huge desire - and a touch of techno geek in me (I love electronics like my wife likes shinny things :) ) - keeping my desires in bounds will take some work.

I also have an interest in ZEOvit - seems very interesting to me - this board has a great thread from 2005 on ZEOvit - it seem like it may be expensive, but it may make maintenance easier and make for a heather tank - still working that over in my mind. So I may be asking a lot of what do you think about this or that kind of questions.

Welcome, welcome!

There are no silly questions! (Well, O.K. there are; but if you're a true geek, then you know how to use the search function!)

You'll love it here.

welcome to rf! This is by far, the best place for anything SW. And everyone here is more than willing to help in any way possible

Welcome, Welcome!! Everyone here is very nice and helpful. Any questions are answered by someone and if they don't know they will attach a link to the answer or tell you where to find it. I know I love this site and hope you do to.

Take Care,

Kim

Back