Hello Everyone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefGeeker

HELLO! Trying out a new forum, seems that this forum has some local people (Seattle area) so I figured I'd give it a shot since I have nobody local to geek on the reef with lol. I have 2 28g nanocubes that I am currently combining into my new 90g! :biggrin:

Welcome to RF. We are all here for you to reef geek out on.
Umm, your doing it wrong though. You dont combine tanks, you just keep adding more, each one getting larger! ;)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the forum!! :welcome:. Check out our club forums and find one closest to you. There are tons of great members up in your neck of the woods. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to RF. We are all here for you to reef geek out on.
Umm, your doing it wrong though. You dont combine tanks, you just keep adding more

Hahah true true. Plenty of us to geek with.
Your in the right spot alot of us are close to Seattle.
And lots of good help too. Don't be afraid to ask a question.
Can't wait to see your tanks
Until then
Steven

Hey there, yup lots of local reefers here. It's always fun to check out tanks and show them off:)

Ok here are a few pics from my crappy cell camera, I couldn't find my good camera.

Here is the 90g
Setup.jpg

system2.jpg

Sump2.jpg

FTS.jpg

Here is Nanocube 1
cube1.jpg

Tang.jpg

torch.jpg

clownfish.jpg

Here is Nanocube2 lit by my refugium light because the stock lights quit working
cube2.jpg

shrimp.jpg

mandarin.jpg

conch.jpg

The 90 is a very nice looking tank. Your going to enjoy it. Its a great size.
I think that tang will enjoy it too! :)

I picked up the 90g for 450 bucks with everything off of craigslist it was only setup for a week and the guy had to move so it was just sitting in his garage. The Tang will love it I'm sure, it was actually a poor little orphan tang sitting in a 10g tank at petco with 5 other decent sized fish that somebody had brought in because they're tank crashed or something so I felt bad for him and had a little hair algea isssue so i took him home for free a year ago.

Hey! And another BIG :welcome: to Reef Frontiers. Lots of members here in the area, you are more than welcome to stop by for a visit and would be happy to donate some Coral frags to your new 90g when ready.

Cheers, Todd

I wouldn't mind doing that that at all! I must say the members on here are quite nice, rainydave donated the cheato in my sump fuge yesterday as well! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :yo:

Well... Rainydave is all of TWO WHOLE BLOCKS away from me ... so you'll know just how to get here, just shoot me a pm or e-mail first.

Cheers, Todd

Small world here on Reef Frontiers! I met up with rainydave at costco but I'll PM ya for sure and get directions, I grew up in Everett so I'm pretty familiar.

Awesome tank. I want something bigger now :)
How big is your sump? I think I want to redesign mine since the water levels aren't quite what I want for the fuge part of it.
Awesome looking setup you got tho. Donations are always awesome. Do you have enough live rock to go in the new 90?

Make sure to stock your tank and sump with alot of pods for your mandarin. Your tank(s) look good. The tang is going to love the bigger tank.

I've had the Mandarin for a year now and have trained it to eat frozen foods in addition to copeopods, the LR thats in the 90 was in the mandarin tank first actually. I do not think I will have to "stock" my tank/sump because my Tanks are full of pods the they should be a healthy population in the tank by the time I do the switch. Thanks, I need to find my camera so i can get some not so blurry pics! I'm sure he is going to love it!

Back