Hello from Bellingham!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

5ft24

Hi all,
New here to this forum, and the area. Relocated from Los Angeles. Working on setting up a 60g reef. I originally started in southern california with a 75g reef, and wound up having to tear it down while the house was tented for termites. Hade a friend with a lfs that gave me room at his shop for a "hotel" tank. While I was there, he also talked me into trading some time working at his shop for a 180. Loved that setup, and put it together one piece at a time from pre-owned equipment. Had that for 2 years until my divorce, hence the relocation to Washington.
Anyway, so far, I have the tank, stand and lights. I'll be drilling the tank if it's not tempered.
My current idea is 2 corner overflows, and 2 returns.
I'll be looking for some used equipment to finish my project.
Thanks,
Dave

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hi all,
New here to this forum, and the area. Relocated from Los Angeles. Working on setting up a 60g reef. I originally started in southern california with a 75g reef, and wound up having to tear it down while the house was tented for termites. Hade a friend with a lfs that gave me room at his shop for a "hotel" tank. While I was there, he also talked me into trading some time working at his shop for a 180. Loved that setup, and put it together one piece at a time from pre-owned equipment. Had that for 2 years until my divorce, hence the relocation to Washington.
Anyway, so far, I have the tank, stand and lights. I'll be drilling the tank if it's not tempered.
My current idea is 2 corner overflows, and 2 returns.
I'll be looking for some used equipment to finish my project.

Also, I am planning on using a Raspberry Pi computer as a reef controller!

Thanks,
Dave

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Dave, a BIG welcome to Reef Frontiers and beautiful Washington State. Looking forward to seeing what you create.

Cheers, Todd

Thanks guys,
Any recommendations on LFS? I'm basically at the border of whatcom and skagit counties by Cain Lake... directly between bellingham and burlington. Needing basics like sand, rock, salt, cheap starter test kits, heater etc... used is great.
Thanks

Hey, welcome to WA and Reef Frontiers!
Lots of great people here!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the Forum Dave! Im not sure whats around Bellingham but as far as LFS theres: RedC, Barrier Reef, and Ocean By Design that are sponsors on this forum and have a good respect in this hobbies community.
You'll have to post pictures once you start your build!

Hi Dave,

There are a few of us reefers in Bellingham and all over Whatcom county. Check out "Bellingham Saltwater fish and Coral" on FB.
As far as LFS I would avoid Clark's (especially Larry) in Bellingham. They are the only show in town besides Petco but there will be a new store opening sometime in September just for fish, coral and supplies. In the meantime its worth it to drive south. I've been to them all and have been happy.

I have a 360 g with a 75 g refugium and 100 g sump. I also have a nano. Its pretty addictive.

Welcome to the pacific NW. The weather is always like this...lol

jill

Back