Hello from Bothell, Wa.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

N1Husker

RF Staff
I am fairly new in this hobby. I am retired and have always wanted to have a reef aquarium. So here I go. I've already made mistakes but learning as I go.

Hey there ! a BIG :welcome: to Reef Frontiers. So give us some details then after a few more posts pics so we can get a better idea of where your at.

Cheers, Todd

welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

You just found a lot of help here on this forum,good luck with your reef adventure.

Red C

Hello and dont be shy to ask questions.... also, make sure to join/drop by to PSAS, the local reef club/group here in PNW...

Welcome!! :welcome:. You've definately come to the right place! Wonderful group of people here ready to guide you in the right direction! :)

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I am a Husker fan, born and raise there. I have a 36 gallon bowfront tank, 35 lbs live rock. cleanup crew, one fish, it's the wrong kind, a sailfin tang, but he's small and the only one right now. I found out that he should have a bigger tank, maybe down the road.

welcome to the place to get answers. Remember that a lot of this hobby is opinion, so ask away, but take the answers for what they are....opinion. There are many ways to keep a successful tank and you just need to find the one that works for you. There are just as many opinions on what a successful tank looks like. My advice: Find someone who has a tank that looks like what you want yours to look like. Approach them for advice on how they got there. Also, patience.....that is what allows success. It takes a while for things to settle after changes in a reef tank. So make one change at a time, wait, and make notes of the changes. It's like an ongoing science experiment. The better the notes, the better the conclusions.

Good luck and have fun!

Yes I am a Husker fan

I'm thinking you're not going to make many friends on here until after Sept 17th, if you catch my drift...:biggrin:

NvsW.jpg

Last edited:
:welcome: to Reef Frontiers. Great place with some awesome peeps. And one heck of a cool place to get answers to any questions you may have.

Cheers,
Alex

Welcome! I am also in the Bothell/Mill Creek Area. I am starting a new Elos 120 at my house but currently have a 260 gallon custom at my business in Mountlake Terrace, you are welcome to stop by anytime to take a look at my set up.

Probably not, but when you are born and raised in Nebraska, in Lincoln, our family has had season tickets since 1966, attended UNL, I'm afraid I'm red till I'm dead. Have no bad feelings for UDUB, I just really like college footbal. I don't dislike any college team except Texas. Besides, their are a lot of Husker fans in this area. If you need proof, go to the Lucky 7 Lounge in Kirkland when Nebraska is televised. Or check the replay of the NU/UW game in Seattle. I'm here for the fish and the health of the hobby.

N1Husker and ericbm,

I'm in Bothell too. We should get together and chat. All are welcome to stop by and see my 375g setup.

Kirk

Sure, I think that would be nice. I am retired so I am around most of the time. Just have to figure out when and where to meet. Maybe my wife would come along. Wow, 375g, that would be neat to see.

I would love to, I have become addicted to this crazy hobby. I am retired and use to sit and watch TV most the day, now I watch and tend to mt tank.

Back