HELLO!! - New to WA

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lhemphill

Hey there, my name is Luke. Me, my wife, and two daughters recently moved to Washington from Southern California and I can honestly say we love the weather here far more than the weather there. I have been in the hobby for a few years, but I currently do not have a tank. I had a 250g custom built system that I was and still am extremly proud to have been the owner of, but those days are gone and so is that tank. My tank was a mixed reef, but with my work I travel so much my wife was tired of keeping my coral alive. Our plan was always to build a large FOWLR set up (500g+) once we purchased a home which we recently did in Buckley, WA.

I have recently decided to begin the planning process of a 108 x 36 X 36 in-wall display. I once again feel like a giddy little kid and I look forward to becoming a part of this community.

Welcome Luke and family! We are glad that you made it up here fine and have decided to join us. I am eagerly awaiting your build we here like pictures. We have a saying "pics or ban". There are a few in your area and two are just starting to Finnish an elaborate tank. See you in threads soon.

Well, firstly, welcome to washington state. Secondly, welcome to Reef Frontiers. So glad you are here. And thirdly, WOW how exciting 500+. I look forward to following along with the build. We have a forum here just for tanks/systems over 300. I will be looking forward to you starting a thread there.
Again welcome!

Hey Luke-

Welcome to WA! I spent a few years in Huntington Beach, worked in Orange. You came at the tail end of the best time of year here. There's no better place than Washington in summer. Unfortunately, the rain started today. We'll see that sun again in a few short 8-9 months. :)

Can't wait to see the new in-wall.

Welcome! Hope you get time to visit oceans by design and barrier reef. Both great local stores
Also cfi is a bit north but they.do awsome and beautiful acrylic work.
@mercenery grunt thxs for the hug bro. I didn't get a hug bye though :(
Lol
Good seeing u man.
-d

Welcome Luke!

Buckley's a beautiful town, isn't it? I used to live there, still working there, my 34th year at Rainier.

Get that tank going. Is difficult not having one! :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Hey welcome I to moved from California to Buckley.....was a little bit of a shock and had to learn to slow down a bit. I live not far from there now.. Can't wait to see your tank build. Lots of great people on here.

I too moved from SoCal up here to WA, about 5 years ago. I too love it up here but I live up here in Kitsap County in beautiful Olalla. Welcome to the great northwest and to RF.

Well, firstly, welcome to washington state. Secondly, welcome to Reef Frontiers. So glad you are here. And thirdly, WOW how exciting 500+. I look forward to following along with the build. We have a forum here just for tanks/systems over 300. I will be looking forward to you starting a thread there.
Again welcome!

Thanks!

Hey Luke-

Welcome to WA! I spent a few years in Huntington Beach, worked in Orange. You came at the tail end of the best time of year here. There's no better place than Washington in summer. Unfortunately, the rain started today. We'll see that sun again in a few short 8-9 months. :)

Can't wait to see the new in-wall.

Thanks, we have actually been here for about 8 months now; moved here in January. The summer has been good, but I was happy to see some clouds and rain today! I love this weather.:becky:

Welcome! Hope you get time to visit oceans by design and barrier reef. Both great local stores
Also cfi is a bit north but they.do awsome and beautiful acrylic work.
@mercenery grunt thxs for the hug bro. I didn't get a hug bye though :(
Lol
Good seeing u man.
-d
I did go to BR, and I was impressed. I will have to check out the other place soon though. I have been getting quotes from a guy I have gotten custom tanks from in L.A.

Welcome Luke!

Buckley's a beautiful town, isn't it? I used to live there, still working there, my 34th year at Rainier.

Get that tank going. Is difficult not having one! :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

I love Buckley/ Bonney Lake area - beautiful area.

Hey welcome I to moved from California to Buckley.....was a little bit of a shock and had to learn to slow down a bit. I live not far from there now.. Can't wait to see your tank build. Lots of great people on here.

I too moved from SoCal up here to WA, about 5 years ago. I too love it up here but I live up here in Kitsap County in beautiful Olalla. Welcome to the great northwest and to RF.

It was a good shock. The hardest thing to get used to was the WA way of driving; very different from L.A. traffic and the way people drive there. I love WA, we are very happy here.

Welcome!

Definitely check out Jason with Clear Fabrications – Washington (CFI). He builds amazing custom acrylic tanks and welded steel stands. You can check out his work on the sponsor’s forum.

Hey Luke, another BIG WELCOME to Washington and Reef Frontiers. Also looking forward to following your large Tank build.

Cheers, Todd

Back