Hello

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Quag

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.New to this board.Ive had SW now for about 5 yrs.At the moment I have a 30g softy,Zoo,LTS tank with a 10g sump.Running 4x54w T5 on that one.T5's were added fairly recent,I think later I'll maybe add a small SPS frag to see how it does.I have a 40g with 175 MH and a 90g with 2x 150 MH,both with 30g sumps.Both are mixed SPS and LTS with a few Zoo's.The 40g is an experiment with a rubble bottom,recently set up,so I have to wait and see how that one turns out.Just wanted to say hi and tell a bit about myself,now I think I'll spend a few hrs reading the threads:D

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!

You'll find great people here! Welcome again!

Best,
Ilham

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!! Glad you've joined us!!

Welcome to RF! I'm sure you will love it here! I think it would be cool to see some photos of your tanks! When you get all settled in maybe you could post a few for us:)

Welcome to RF...If you love reefin as much as I do you will love this site cant wait to see some pictures..:D

Thanks for the Welcome everyone,sorry no pics,dont own a camera.I'll be getting one eventualy when I stop buying Reef stuff:rolleyes: like that'll ever happen :D .The 40g rubble bottom has rubble about 2" - 3" in size,loosely (sp) spaced along the bottom,with the same and larger size rock ontop.It has a spay bar on a closed loop along the rear bottom,that pushes the detrius out from the bottom to the front for easy cleaning.The rubble goes from the back of the tank to almost the front on each side,but only 1/2 way out in the middle.That part is sectioned off and filled with sand.Its only about 6 months old,and so far so good.Lots of pods in the rocks,and with the rear spray bar and sand,my nitrates are at 0,and seem to be staying there.Still a young tank,so Im not ready to call it a success yet,but its promising.

Welcome Quag. This is an awesome place to get info and ask questions. Enjoy!!!

Back