Hello ...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nu2SaltH2O

I just wanted to stop in and say hello and tell a little about myself.
I am currently in the process of doing tons of reading and research in starting up my first SW tank. My goal is to get one started up in a year or so once I totally understand SW set-up and care. I am looking to start off with a 46G BF FOWLR set up. My fish choices will be a pair of O.Clowns, Lawnmower Blenny, dwarf angel (either a Coral Beauty or Lemonpeel) and maybe a Royal Gramma. I will also add some beginner corals as well, but those will be the first inhabitants after my tank is cycled and stabilized. my fish will then be added once the corals are settled in for a few weeks (6-8 weeks max.)

Although I have no tank nor equipment yet but that will come little by little as I can afford them. That's why I'm waiting a year ro so before actually getting my "feet wet" into this hobby. LOL !!

I am looking forward to meeting allof you and hope to help out those that need help.

Welcome to RF!!! Glad you can join us here:) Sounds like you have a nice plan ahead of you...Good luck!!! I'm sure you will find the forum very informative and the people very friendly. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Hi Nu2!

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!

There is a ton of great information here... along with some very kind people always willing to help answer questions.

It sounds like you are already doing EXACTLY what you need to, to have a successful happy tank. That is research, research, research! :) Being very patient is also an added virtue!

Do exactly what you are currently doing. Look at other's tanks, their fish, their corals. Decide before you begin, what you want your system to look like once it has matured. Research on those animals, and find out what each individual requires, and how that will relate to how you setup your system. ASK QUESTIONS!!! Check the answers you are given, then ask even more questions!

Then... once you have your system started... most importantly, DON'T FORGET PICTURES FOR US ALL TO ENJOY!!! :D :D :D

Again, welcome aboard!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome ! :D Patience is what I know best. I used to put together plastic models together so I know where that comes from. :lol:

As far as pics goes, that will happen if Santa gets me a digital camera this year ! ;)

Welcome to RF remember the most valuable thing to know about reefing is go slow slow slow. It will save you a great amount of money and pain.

hmm ive found a good way to sart up is buy second hand or find sum one trying to get rid of a complete set up
if the fish and not the ones u want u can take them to an lfs for credit
but atleast if u buy a setup tank it will be cycled and ready for u to start reef tanking

I'd be leery of a dwarf angel and corals, but thats just me.

And welcome to RF.

hi. welcome . you are smart doing your homework before rushing in. the blenny,goby the royal gramma & clowns sound good . i will stay away from lemonpeel and the coral beauty,althought they are hardy they can not be trusted with your coral( i had them in my reef,but then i only had mushrooms and some soft corals,they did not bother them ),unless you don't mind them to pick at your coral,which they will,especially the coral beauty. good luck. jakleen

Back