help! help! help! my tank is to hot

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ninerfoelife

I have a 60 gallon tank and it's 85 degrees. i have been adding 6 ice cubes every 15 minutes. hoow else can i keep the tempurature down? I am also acclimating 2 cleaner shrimps which are still in the bag will this heat affect them?

put the ice in a zip loc baggy. i would do more than six cubes at a time. you can also put a fan so it blows across the water surface. the shrimp will be ok. 85 is pretty high but not extremly. the trick is not to let the temp change too drasticlly. try to keep it only a 2-3 degrees a day.

Put ice cubes in ziplock bags that way you wont lower the salinity. Also blow a fan across the top of the tank or the sump. Of course turn off your lights and check your heater as I am sure you already know. HTH Steve

We froze 2 liter pop bottles full of water then just floated that in the sump when it was really hot in the summer; that plus fans like we all use and it helped alot. I only had to tell the kids 35 times to leave the two liter bottle in the freezer that it was water; not pop that someone accidently froze.... :)

Back