Help me with hole placement.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

specsgirl

Hello all-
After setting up my 125 AGA with a mbv on a closed loop I came across a new tank.
It's a 110 gal acrylic tank. 48 long x 30 high. the problem is that it is just that...no holes yet. This was way too good of a deal to pass up and since I have enough parts laying around to start another sps dedicated tank...why not right:badgrin:
I am looking at running a dedicated line through my sump..and another on a closed loop system with a 3 way mbv again(this one is only a 1" instead of a 1 1/2").

Where would you drill all of these holes? Any comments on what has worked or what you may think would work is great.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sounds like you've got your work cut out! It should be a fun experience though. I don't really have anything to offer here as I have never drilled a tank before...Atleast not yet. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck on getting your new tank together. I'll be following...:)

2 quick tips...

1.first make sure you don't overheat the acrylic when drilling use water or better yet drill fluid to cool the cut...as you drill.

2. Make sure you don't put the overflow to high (That would be pointless). Instead put in a lower overflow either from the bottom of the tank or at least from 3 to 4 inches down. Use threaded PVC and elbows to create an overflow that will prevent siphoning as well as prevent water noise.

Back