help montipora cap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Milez803

recently i have just install 2 65 watts PC to my 75 pentagon tank, which was currently holding 250 watts MH. i just notice that my montipora cap started to bleach on the top of the tip. I just did a lugol iodine dip for 15 minutes. i did notice alot of white nudi on them. but what is the chance rate of the nudi to survive and the coral to survive. any information would be appreciated.

Milez

Using a toothbrush on the coral (outside the tank) to remove the Nudibranch is a great tool also. You can do this while you are dipping the coral. You may have to repeat the process of dipping and brushing several times over the next few weeks to make sure you got them all.

HTH,
Kevin

thanks for the information, i have notice that my montipora cap is continue bleaching from the top right at the center. not sure what the cause of it..it was doing fine until i added the 2x65watts power compact lights to it

Too much direct type flow can peel the tissue off and cause a local white spot. Also if it makes contact with another coral even for a second (such as tipping into it) the Montipora will usually lose and a white spot in the area of contact will appear.

Regards,
Kevin

Back