help on the aquac ev-120

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jmac

hi
im new to the hobby, and i bought the aquac ev-120 a couple of weeks ago and i'm confussed do i adjust the air valve or do i adjust the gate valve ?

Welcome to RF! Hope you enjoy it here!:) As for the skimmer, I ran one of them for about a year and all you really need to adjust is the gate valve because I think they recommend leaving the injector (air valve) wide open. If the skimmer is new, it will take a while to break in so keep an eye on it incase one day it just start pumping out water.

Good luck!:)

im sorry, but i forgot to add that it is done with the break in process i'm new at this sorry again.

Welcome to reef frontiers!
I have had the best luck with my ev 180 by closing the air off then turn the pump on adjust the water level to just above the box then adjust the air. so mainly adjust the air not the gate valv..
Ohh yeah also what pump are you using?

Matt

Every tank is going to be different as well as factoring different pumps that could be used. I used the mag5 and only adjusting the gate valve alone seemed to work, but then over a year later, just before selling the my whole setup, I had to close the air injector some because I was pushing out too much water and the gate valve alone didn't seem to do the job. So you will have to mess with it some and give it a few minutes to set and then don't forget, if you put your hand in the tank or any chemicals, the skimmer won't produce any foam for a while:)

Back