Help. Sump and water flow questions.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wentreefgirl

Salt waterlogged!!
Picture1895126718.jpg
[/IMG] Ok, have a flow/filter question. Sumps are new
to me and i have a 90 reef with a gen-x 8500 which does 2,450 gph. I have to tone down the speed to get the just right with amount down to the amount going up. How do I know when its just right. Im slowing intake down with a ball valve. Do you think this is too much flow to the overflow? and does the sump look about right?Top pic is of the bulkhead in the overflow.Also the bulkhead that is the exit to the sump was previously glued to the sump by another owner. Actually i should say just the washer which is on the inside with nut is glued to the inside of the tank. So the only way to tighten that bulkhead is to tighten the outside peice. Which I thought i did. Lots of thread tape and tightened real tight. It still has a leak. Slow but there. What do you think I should do. Couldnt get it off so had to deal with it. Should I silicone glue the whole inside peice or what? Not setting up until im sure its leak proof. Help.
Picture1895126720.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture1895126719.jpg
[/IMG]

You can easily cover the entire part that is leaking :D ... But what also works if you want it done properly is to also using silicon go open it up and cover all the areas that the water could escape from and put the pipe on before the silicon drys...

Back