HELP - Tank is about to blow!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JMacIII

I am a 150 gallon reef full of corals and fish.
The tank is acrylic and just separated on the front pane fro the top (bowed). The corners are already cracked from the stress.

I really don't know what to do except I have to empty it.

So I have lots of corals, many very large show quality plus fish.
If you can come get some stuff before it dies, I have to get them out of the tank before it explodes in my living room!

I am in Des Moines.

Let me know if you can come and get anything.

If you have bar clamps, duct tape or whatever, I'd be doing that now.

I'm too far from you to be of any help.

Even a couple 2*4 placed over it as a brace till you can empty would help. Kinda like a C around the tank in a couple or three spots.

Thanks for the quick advise. I have it about 20% drained so most of the pressure is released.

At this point I am hoping some wants some corals and fish, Because I assume its only a matter of days before they start to get too stressed. I guess I am offer an offer of a life time, many of my colonies are over 8 inches some as big as size 3 soccer ball. It just seems dumb to just let them die. I am giving them away, with hopes of frags of the colonies in the future. I have nice fish too, like a mated pair of black ice clowns.

I am really stressed and don't know what to do, but I am assuming it will take at least 2 months to get a tank again, plus I have to figure out how to pay for it.

If you have containers like garbage cans for mixing water, or anything, a heater and a power head and a little bit of rock will keep fish alive for a couple days or more.
Coral doesn't need light to survive a few days.

I am close to you, in Federal Way, I can bring over some smaller tanks, and I have my 150 where you could keep some corals, also, Im bored tonight and up for adventure so if you need help hit me up. I wouldnt mind coming over to help out.
I sent my phone number via PM

I also know where i can find you a 110 gallon acrylic tank tonight, cheap. Maybe 100 bucks or so. If you dont have the cash we might be able to work something out. I am here to help, just give me a call.

Go Danny GO
You da Man.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune

If Danny is able to get the 110 I have a bunch of spar equipment I can lend out or just give you if you need to get a system up and running to help save your stock.
Just shoot me a PM if you need something and I will check to see what I have laying around

thanks dave, my phone hasnt rang, and no answer to my PMs so i am guessing he has his situation handled. Will be up for a few more hours though if JMac needs help.

Thanks everyone for the offers for help.
Mike came and was able to help get the livestock out. Thanks Mike.

Now that all the stress is over, its time to be depressed.
I am going to be looking for a 48"x24"x24" tank.

Glad to hear to got some temporary resolution... I'm sure you can find some decent deals here or wherever. Good luck!!!

Thanks everyone for the offers for help.
Mike came and was able to help get the livestock out. Thanks Mike.

Now that all the stress is over, its time to be depressed.
I am going to be looking for a 48"x24"x24" tank.

I'd think this is the perfect opportunity to get a reef ready 180 72x24x24. I sold one on Craigslist last spring with stand and hood for $450

I would love to go bigger, but for right now I am looking to reuse my stand, sump, canopy, and equipment. Plus I only have a 6' x 4' tiled footprint at my house and a 6' tank will just be to tight of a fit.

Back