Help with break in ETSS skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Daniel Murray

Diver Madness
Hi, I have a prototype Dual Down Draft Reef Devil Skimmer. I am Using a Blueline 20 Pump. I have been told that Brake in could be from 1 - 4 weeks?
What this skimmer is doing is I get bubbles and foam to wet skimming for couple of hours and then nothing at all. It starts the process all over again. is this Normal for brake in with ETSS. I had a ALS Predator Down Draft Skimmer In-Sump and it only took less than 24 hours to brake in.
The ETSS was set up on 1/25/07
My Predator I ran for 5 years.
any info would be Grate
Daniel
Etss skimmer
web216k_XtremeReefDevil_1_Large_2_.JPG

DSC00394_Small_.JPG

DSC00392_Small_.JPG

DSC00393_Small_.JPG

My Predator skimmer
DSC00378_Large_Medium_.JPG

I ran a Predator PDFS2 skimmer for a few years and loved it, I dont know much about the etss skimmer but I dont think I would have the pacience for that long of a break in myself. I tried a aquac ev 180 and went through the same thing and I gave up on it? maybe someone with some experience on this skimmer can help you dial it in!!!

I have heard great things about the skimmer so maybe it is all in the fine tuneing...

Matt

you know after looking at the pictures better it looks like you have to air valve open too much, the bubbles are much to large try to lower the air volume and raise the water level..

Matt

Back