Help with Galaxia coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reefbound

I have a Galaxia coral that is very healthy and very large thats sitting on the side of a 20lb peice of rock in the middle of our tank. Is there a way to frag this coral in the waterwhere it is? This coral has been on this rock since the beginning and is firmly attached and I can't move it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think it would be challenging.

The way I frag them is to irritate the polyps underwater until they pull into the skeleton. Then I score where I want the cut to be with a diamond bit on a Dremel. Then I use a cold chisel and a hammer to split where I scored it.

I have a very large one, and everytime I touch it the thing frags it self. :p The small polyps seem to just flake off and then next thing you know you have Galaxia's growing every where. With out taking it out of the water though, I think that it will be kind of hard to take the whole colony off.

Good luck :)

-augustus

The way I frag them is to irritate the polyps underwater until they pull into the skeleton. Then I score where I want the cut to be with a diamond bit on a Dremel. Then I use a cold chisel and a hammer to split where I scored it.
dido---------------------------

Back