Help with Yuma

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tat2z_21

tat2z_21
I have this Yuma that is huge. My question is why do they inflate themselves like this. I have other ricordea and yuma's but this particular one inflates with bubbles that reach about 1/2". I just have not seen anything like it before and was wondering if it is because it is looking for more food or light. I have 2 250w 20k bulbs over a 75 gal tank. I am pretty sure that they are getting enough light. Maybe food. I do my regular dosing of phyto, and frozen prepared coral food. I have tried to spot feed but it seems like the food just bounces right off and well then everyone else eats it. Maybe I am just digging into this too much but it is reproducing like crazy and there are about 6 babies surrounding it.

DSC02980.jpg

Any information on whether this is normal or there is something that it is requiring let me know.

Thanks Luisse,
It is just that I know when zoo's are lacking light they reach for it, and the same with anemone's. I figured that I have enough light on my yuma's but just wondering because the person I got them from their yuma doesn't look like that.

Back