Help..

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

timberwollf

I need help My wife wanted a tank so i set her up a 47 gallon tower tank brand New added live sand and mixing the water but the water will not clear up you cant even see in the tank its now day 2 any advice please...

Give it a few days, I just went through that in my new tank, took about a week to settle down. It helped to get some live rock in the tank, seemed to help the sand settle. Make sure you do not have any powerheads or other pumps stirring up the sand too much.

Well i have let this tank sit for about 3 days now and the cloudy water went away til i cleaned the glass of the sand dust it stirred it up again so now im back to it bein cloudy i have very little current in it , i dont understand why it just clouds up on me so bad should i have rinsed the sand which sounds silly i know but i dont know what else to do is everytime i place somthing in there the sand going to do it?

you can put on a hang on back filter with some cotton type media, it'll clear it right up. move filter in a couple of days.

You could also vacuum the sand if you dont have a back filter to put onto it. You dont have anything in the tank except the sand right? What about a sump?

If you dont have any spare equipment, you could stir the sand up really really well and then drain the tank, running the flow through some pond filter sleeves. I've heard of people using all sorts of things, like their wives nylons. Just make sure they're NEW nylons hehe.

Back