Help...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

blackberry

First off, I'd like to apologize for being so absent. Lets just say this deployment has thrown me way more curve balls than I ever imagined. With that being said...

I AM MOVING.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am moving. I am not moving far but I am moving and I need advice, and/or help moving the tanks on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.

I know that the tanks have to be first out, first in but in my situation, it will have to be the last out, last in because of the way that our other stuff is being moved.

How do I move my tanks!? They are both stocked, one is the NeoNano and the other one is a 180 gallon along with a 30 gallon sump. I've never had to move tanks before from one location to the next so any and all advice would be great.

Thanks for all of your advice in advance!

Totally forgot to add that if I have incentives if people want to come help me... Pizza and adult beverages! :)

Last edited:
I moved my old 75 FO tank many times about a decade ago. I would get unused gas jugs (red plastic cans) and try to save about 60% of the water. Then I put all the fish into 5 gallon buckets. I always left the substrate in the tank (crushed coral.)

Then moved the tank over, put the water back in, then added the fish back in.

I did this maybe 3 times with no casualties. At the time I had a lot of people around to help, so I'd recruit 4 or 5 people to help to get it done fast.

I've got a ton of buckets. many have sealing lids. I imagine you are going to have a moving truck that could be used to move the tanks?

Tom

ive got buckets and a truck with an 8ft bed i think i can use if you need it. as well as i have tons of sytro boxes if you want to put rock and coral/fish or whatever in them lol just let me know and i will try to help out best i can as long as im not working that weekend LOL

So the truck I was going to borrow fell through today! :( She forgot that I was moving on Memorial Day weekend and she had already made prior plans.

Tyson, I might have to take you up on the offer if you aren't working! Thanks for your offer on the other stuff as well too!

sorry to hear that your moving :( never moved a tank before either so dint have advice but will wish you lots of luck....take care

Thank you so much for helping me out...

Adam, Crystal and Tom!! I couldn't have done it without you guys!

no problem. just let me know when the fish sell and i'll organize a pickup. having the sleeper goby move soon would be a huge bonus as he's quickly made a habit of burying my acans......:D

Thats propper....helping out like that....you guys definatly always go above and beyond...Adam and Crystal are First class!!

Tom...you are not so bad yourself...very cool to help out!!

Is that goby a dumptruck....or is he pretty chill with the sand??

well in my tank I swear he's aiming for my acans. I'm having to clean them off again and he's only been in the tank 2 days.

HE's SUPER healthy though! just not my style. i'll stick with my plans for 4 yasa ashe gobies and a tiger pistol....:p

Tom

Back