hot tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

oliver

I am considering a Current USA 1/3hp chiller to cool my 180 gallon reef. Does anyone have any experiance or opinions on the Current brand chillers. :confused: I sure would appreciate some feed back before plunckin down my hard earned dollars. :)

Never had or used a chiller before...Just curious what your temperature is sitting at now and what you have done so far to try rid the tank of the "heat"? Mine sat at 86 degrees and I removed the glass cover off of my tank, removed the lid off of my sump, removed the lid off of my canopy (which is being rebuilt now to make it taller)and installed a little fan in the stand and my temperature sits at 78-79 degrees. Hope you get things worked out:)

Hey Krish congrats on 5000 posts. I got a long way to go, being a copepod and all. :lol: Im at a solid 78 deg. but summer will be here soon and i know from last year what a pain it was to keep my 140 cool. I used a 21" box fan over my sump and tried to evacuate the moisture from my basement with an exhaust fan to the outside. It did cool the tank but now i have a major mold problem on some concrete walls.:( This summer i will have a chiller. I will have fans wired into my reefkeeper in the event the chiller fails. ;)
Well i just ordered my chiller. I hope it works out.

Last edited:
Back