houston we have a problem... paralized?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sedrostyle

so like i said, my anenome decided to show up yesterday... looks alot better. but i thnk it was bad timing...

I was going to bed about 10pm when i got this weird feeling to look in my tank.
well there was my hippo tang WIDE EYED looked shocked:jaw:paralized, even more then when she sleeps

idk if he got into my anenome and it paralized him but i put him down below in my sump for a few minutes.. gave him a little food...

is she giong to make it?? :/
what can i do to help her. I decided to leave her in just incase she would survive....
I wont be home for like 3 hours but i hope i can save her..
please help asap.

Thats interesting. It could have been stung. If thats the case he/she could be just fine if it wasnt stung too bad.
If it was not stung by the nem, well, no idea. Let us know what you find when you get home.

Last edited:
keep us updated...hope its just temporary.i just lost a tailspot blenny (almost 3years in my care) and i dont know reason,he just laying down,not swimming and not eating...waited a day and a night then i decided to put him down. :(

awhh man I don't want to do that.. my wife would be even more upset than I already am.
can't wait to leave work and go home. I will update within a few hours.
:/
IF it did get stung and I moved her in time, should she be ok?
I guess ill answer my own question when I get home :(
talk soon

She's good!!!!! There's 3 sting marks.
But swimming and eating well.
The look in her eyes when I decide to check out my tank and found her..... Will probably haunt me :(

Yea no kidding. Hopefully it doesn't happen tonight. I don't know if I should move the anemone into a different spot so when the hippo sleeps she doesn't run into it again

First of all it's good to here the bta made it:) As for the tang as it gets bigger it will be more able to take care of itself. BTAs aren't really know as fish eaters so I would watch the tang for other problems. My hippo gets taps from time to time and just speeds off.

I'm glad to hear the little tang pulled through :whoo:. This hobby seems to be good for a heart attack a month :frusty:

Back