How high?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

porksoda

Nano-Reefer
Well i am going to make a canopy for my 55 gallon and i was wondering if anybody knows how high i would make if for my lights? Well i am going to put 2 175 watt metal halides in it. I didnt know if i put the lights to low it will make my water to warm. well thanks for the help.

yes it is glass and it also has glass tops on it. I have a duel bio wheel hang on filter on the back too. just to let you know. Have you made a Canopy before? If so can i ask you some questions later?

I would take off the glass tops (heat + gas exchange). If you have jumpers use eggcrate. Ask away I have made a few canopys as well as several others here.

Well i have a regular 55 gallon tank 48 inch long tank and i was wondering if u would be able to tell me wat sizes of wood i would need? because i really dont know wat would be a good hight. Well thanks man, Later,

pablo

Which reflectors are you using? Consider how far from the water you're going to want your bulbs. With an SE bulb, I'd guess at least 8", if not a little more. Now, measure the distance from the top of the reflector to the socket, and add that in. You're probably getting pretty close to 12" and I think most people shoot for around 12" canopy height for MH lighting.

Back