how many gph is this pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trillyen

what???
any boby know what this pump is i know its a quiet one but its old

it says winp 85 on the back

just wondering

im planning on using it on my 125 gallon, any body know how many gph it is??

i also came across a HUGE in line pump that has to be rated at like 3000 to 5000 gph if not 6000, just wondering if this would be to much for the 125

dont know what it was but my gosh it had to be like 2 feet long and had a 1 in and a half pvc pipe on it i think

thanks

thename.jpg

inlinepump.jpg

I remember those, it is several years old for sure, they had heat issues but ran well otherwise.

That is the original quite one pump it was rated right at 1000 gph if I remember correctly. They are quite, but they do heat up the water quite a bit. On the larger pump, is it even saltwater safe, I have not seen an inline pump used for salt applications other than the new Polario which would make a great intank closed loop type setup.

Kim

hey thanksvfor the advice but I plugged in my inline quite one tonight and held the pump in water NOT SUBMERGED I had the piping under water trying to make it suck the water up and it did a lil about a 1/2 gl an hour LOL it was only five bucks though so oh well

I really want an inline now though it got my hopes up so high

I wanna get that inline pump I seen that was like 6000 or 7000 gph is that to much for a 125 gal

If so isn't there a way I could prolong the PVC with alot of 90 degree angles, plus I plan on upgrading to a 500 gal or so later on and that pump would be perfect.

Just put a valve on the output and close it most of the way. It will not hurt the pump to restrict the output.

Kim

thanks

So that's how to prime it huh

maybe I should add some shut off Hals to my set up I didnt think I would need them

Thanks great advice

I just thought about what you said. You need to put the pipe from the pump down into the water so the pump is below the water level otherwise you are not going to be able to get the air out of the pump to actually prime it and pump water. I would be willing to bet that quite one pump is fine, you just could not get it to pump very well because it was not getting water into the pump.

Kim

Thanks I hope you are right I'm gonna give her a whirl when I get home so that'll give me something to look forward to

I went out today and got a quite one pump from pets smart a 596 GPU I may still keep the new one even if the old 1 still works

Thanks again for the advice I dont think I did have the pump under the water level I mean but it did pump just a little bit of water out like squirt by squirt like a fauchet barely turned on

Would it pump that if it wasnt primed??

Would it pump any atvall if not primed I may just have to plumb it to my bath tub to see if it works I know if I go through all this and it dont work I'm gonna hurt some one LOL

thanks for the help

are ya doing closed loop or pumping from a sump? closed loop i would go 30x tank volume, and sump 3x tank volume. also depends what ya gonna keep in the display tank. whats your setup?

I'm doing closed loop and I have a 125 and its gonna be triggers angels and a shark or two

So is that the rate you go by for a tank three xs what size tank your tank is???

I'm doing closed loop and I have a 125 and its gonna be triggers angels and a shark or two

So is that the rate you go by for a tank three xs what size tank your tank is???

i wouldnt worry about to much flow for the closed loop since your doing fish only. sps corals love the massive flow. i'd say 10x your tank volume and can supplement with powerheads. its really up to you, if you want to beef up the closed loop pump, so you dont have to put powerheads in the display tank.
i have a 90gal tank with a return mag 12 to a sqwd. from there it's T'd to two 3/4 inch sea swirls. i supplement with 4 seios supperflow attached to 2 seio controllers. and 1 hydor koralia 4 for that extra laminar flow.
off of the 1 1/4th drain its also T'd to a refugium with 3/4 pvc. its pumped into my eheim 1250 into my recirc octupus skimmer, then to a maxijet 1200 into a carbon reactor. from there it goes into my refugium where its pumped backed by a rio 1700 pvc 3/4 to the T'd 1 1/4th pvc return pipe. id say my flow through the refugium is about 200gph and my display 6500gph. i have to have a chiller added because of all the extra heat the pumps are expelling.
make sure your closed loop pvc is at least 1 1/4th or more. good luck.

Back