How to buy an rod I?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

xxkenny90xx

Hey guys I just got a $100 amazon gift card and would like to put it towards an affordable Ro or rodi system. Not really sure what to look for as far as specs though? Any suggestions? Btw my tank os 90 gallons and typical water changes are 15 to 20 gallons. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Also, I live in an apartment so it'll need to easily connect the the hose or better yet the sink

i trust BRS. i bought a used one and its fine, but if i were going to buy again, i'd start there first.
do look at the water saver systems, as they may be more expensive up front, the water and time they save are well worth it.

other than that, IMO they are pretty much all the same. no mechanical parts, just replace the filters... so its not really the rd/di you care about, its filter performance...
good luck with the search. :)

oh, and i'm pretty sure they all will connect easily to the sink with a fitting. head to the big box store and ask them for the one you would need if you wanted to hook your washing machine up to your sink. (its alot easier for me that trying to remember the right size, and coming home with the wrong thing)

Thanks for the info, I'm defiantly buying from amazon since I have the gift card. I'm wondering what gpd I should be looking at and should I buy one with a tds meter? Or do they all have that? Anything else?

I've heard decent things about air water and ice. They are a sponsor here and also sell on amazon. Since it doesn't seem your getting much response from anyone but me, it might be worth posting in their sponsor forum ((http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/181-Air-Water-amp-Ice)) and see if they can help with your questions. If the tap you plan to use has really low PSI you might need a booster pump. They could give you specifics on the numbers on that. They might even be able to look up a water quality report for your locality (or you could) and provide some specific recommendations.

I haven't looked into ro/di's in a long time since I'm 'happy enough' with mine, so other than wanting the water saver (basically just adds another filter so that you don't waste so much water), I don't know what else you should really be looking for. Hard to not want the highest GPD you can afford, just because it takes so long, especially when your hooking up to a sink and monitoring. One tip I have for that part though is to use the bathroom sink, and place the container your filling in the bath tub. Its not cool when you forget you have it running and there is water all over the floor, so, if that container is in the bath tub at least you won't have a mess to clean up...

I support air water and ice all the way.
Filters r top notch. Great site. FAQs and filter info... I have a 75gpd.
Its a five stage. With a flush.
They're customer service is great too.
Psas or rfs have #s for 10% off too.
Hths
D

I've heard decent things about air water and ice. They are a sponsor here and also sell on amazon. Since it doesn't seem your getting much response from anyone but me, it might be worth posting in their sponsor forum ((http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/181-Air-Water-amp-Ice)) and see if they can help with your questions. If the tap you plan to use has really low PSI you might need a booster pump. They could give you specifics on the numbers on that. They might even be able to look up a water quality report for your locality (or you could) and provide some specific recommendations.

I haven't looked into ro/di's in a long time since I'm 'happy enough' with mine, so other than wanting the water saver (basically just adds another filter so that you don't waste so much water), I don't know what else you should really be looking for. Hard to not want the highest GPD you can afford, just because it takes so long, especially when your hooking up to a sink and monitoring. One tip I have for that part though is to use the bathroom sink, and place the container your filling in the bath tub. Its not cool when you forget you have it running and there is water all over the floor, so, if that container is in the bath tub at least you won't have a mess to clean up...

I've had an AirWaterIce Typhoon for ten years now.
Great price, great service....I've got nothing bad to say about them.
You could seriously spend a lot more money and either get the same or a lesser set up....

Back