How to catch pods?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Brenden

See Anemaknee
How can I catch pods in my fuge? If I look in it they are everywhere. I am going to take it down soon and wondered if I could remove some of them.

Have Chaeto? As you remove that from your sump, you can shake out a lot of the pods into some type of container for collecting.

I would recommend really really really small hooks.. and small peices of worm or something... Thread is to big.. but im sure a hair of some sort may work for string.. they dont fight hard... so dont be afraid of getting your arm yanked off or anything! :lol: :D

something like cheto....

maybe a small peace of something that has holes,

sponge?

I would recommend really really really small hooks.. and small peices of worm or something... Thread is to big.. but im sure a hair of some sort may work for string.. they dont fight hard... so dont be afraid of getting your arm yanked off or anything! :lol: :D

Somebody missed there snack!;)

I need some pods man, send some my way

LOL!!! For what?? You don't have fish man...Is McDonalds closed??:lol:

Hey Brian...Any rocks in there? If so, why not turn on a bright light, get them to retreat in the rock and then remove them. The only way I ever see pods in the day is under rocks in the dark so I figured make it real bright so they can hide and scoop their hiding spot:)

I have so many that lights or not they are everywhere. I may try to do a video if they will show up. My fuge light runs 24/7 so I guess they are just use to it.

When I reach in they vanish. I have a couple hundred reef plugs in there. I think that is were they are hiding. I may come up with a way to save them and their home.

Turn off the fuge lights for several hours. Then put a flashlight on the side of your fuge for 20 minutes or so. Then take a soft sponge and GENTLY wipe the glass where the flashlight is.

Another option is pouring the water through a coffee filter.

Thanks Don. (flashbacks to karate kid) I wonder if the whale whisper has any suggestions?

Back