How toxic are ricordias?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LarryB

I just got a ricordia for my 36 gallon tank. I have lower light (2 x 65pc) so all I have are some zoo's in there. My question is how toxic are the ricordia? I know mushrooms can be very toxic, so do the ricordia fall into the same group?

I never really thought of Ric's as toxic. I have some of my Yumas growing right next to zoa's and I've never seen any damage come from it. I would be curious to hear otherwise.

My tank is pretty packed with zoos, rics and sps. I have never had any probs(knock on wood). Just give everyone there space and run carbon. You can go to the link in my sig if you want to see some pics. I warn you that they arent the best pics, atleast nothing close to what Blazer can do.

i think no matter what we should all just wear globes(gloves ..however you spell it :lol:)just in case ..you never know

I just got a ricordia for my 36 gallon tank. I have lower light (2 x 65pc) so all I have are some zoo's in there. My question is how toxic are the ricordia? I know mushrooms can be very toxic, so do the ricordia fall into the same group?

I wouldnt eat them but I dont think they are as bad a zoos.

Don

Don - you obviously have never tryed them with a little garlic and butter! mmmmmmmm....;)

Back