HQI metal halide bulb 70 watt

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

artman230

Predator
I need some reccomendations as to what bulb I should get for my 70 watt HQI halide. I dont know too much as far as halide bulbs so if anyone out there can help that would be great. I also dont know any good sites to look for them on other than fosters and smith. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. I am looking for that dark blue, purple look too if anyone knows what to look for to make that happen. Thanks yall....

if you want a list of online stores i can give you a list just let me know i have them all saved on my computter
Brandon

"that dark blue, purple look"

I know a pheonix 14K Hqi looks that way in 250 watt ! should be the same color in 70 watt.
Reefluk 12K looks nice so does ushio 20K but NOT ushio 14K that one I either got a defective bulb or they are supposed to look yellow.

:)

Paul

the 70watt... so far from what ive found really only comes in one make
the 14k.... the current fixture right?

why are thos bulbs so much?

I need some reccomendations as to what bulb I should get for my 70 watt HQI halide. I dont know too much as far as halide bulbs so if anyone out there can help that would be great. I also dont know any good sites to look for them on other than fosters and smith. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. I am looking for that dark blue, purple look too if anyone knows what to look for to make that happen. Thanks yall....

Everything I hear is that the Astralux bulb is one of the best 70W bulbs out there. I have a 70W halide in my aquapod and am going to order one of these bulbs soon. I have a 20K no name bulb in there right now and I want something that is not so blue. With the actinic supplements, it is just too much.

Back