I could use some help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

machine646

I have a 20g long glass tank with 27lbs of lr a inch sb,i currently have two aqueon ph's they turn the water 1000gph is that to much? also wheres is the best place to place them,Also im looking into getting a skimmer.I dont have a ton of cash,there are so many out there im lost lol,i have a hob filter for now and would like to use that for a quarentine tank and use a skimmer and lr and ls to provide my filteration.Any advise would really help,thanks!

The flow isn't too much IMO. Worst case would be a sand storm. That's about 50x turnover rate and I've run over 100x turnover rate with no issues in a bare bottom tank of course (4,000 gph in a 38 gal). Usually the best placement for two powerheads would be on opposite sides of the tank both pointing to the front center of the tank where they collide with each other. I pasted a picture below of my old 75gal to show you what I mean. I did this on two tanks and worked out the best for me. A lot of people use this as a starting point and tweak from there. As for the skimmer, there are many out their that won't break the bank. Skimmy would be the best one to talk to regarding that as he is our skimmer guru here and would let you know what's the best bang for the buck. Maybe you can start a thread in the skimmer section where he hangs out more often regarding the skimmer question itself. :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Back