I have ich!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

glin7

Hi everybody, thank you all for taking the time to answer all of my previous questions, but now I have a new problem in my aquarium, ich. My aquarium has been running for 6 months now, I have a some corals and six fish. About 2 weeks ago my Blue and Naso Tang both started to ich on the rocks. Right after that, they got white spots all over them, and their eyes got foggy. I bought a cure called No Sick Fish, and started to try to cure them in my big tank. I turned off my protien skimmer and took the carbon out of the filter, but kept it on, and left the antinic light on for 24 hours.After 4 days of curing, a friend told me to put my 2 sick fish in their own special medical treatment tank, so I bought a 10 gallon tank, and for 5 days now I am curing them with Para Guard (fish and filter safe parasite control). My Naso Tang died after 2 days of treatment in the medical tank, and the Blue Tang barely even got better, do you think it will ever get better? Even worse, now all of my fish in the big tank are sick with ich. What should I do?

I would try Hypo, lowering the salinity!
If you look in the SteveS forum you will have access to all the information needed for treatment, In the meantime I'll relocate this thread there so he can help you. Sorry for your loss, hope we can save the other!

Back