i have one but what type is it

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I think it is a variant of the Pacific Cinnamon Clownfish. The darkened area of the Cinnamon Clownfish is not uniform in size in all fishes -- some may have a very small area or one that is non-apparent. Why do you believe it isn't a Cinnamon? :)

It could be a variant of the Tomato, also. If you search the Internet for images under their scientific names, you see many photos and variations. This site has a photo (nearly side by side) of two variants of both these species which don't conform to the standard marking/coloration of each:
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...p=20&svnum=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&sa=N

Last edited:
the top where the white stripe meets does;nt meet like a cinnamon fishes does i'll try to get a picture

I saw what you mean. That's a reason I thought it might be a variant. Anemonefish species will breed with other Anemonefish species (up to a point) creating quite a mix of offspring. Coloration, markings and stripes often vary. Maybe an Anemonefish picture book might show this, or images from the Internet can be scanned for similarity. :)

Back