i need a new skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hernluis

Hernluis
i need a new skimmer for my 55, what is the absolute best hang on i can get?
thanks

I think a lot of people will say the acqua c remoras are really good HOBs.

where is skimerwhisperer? He is our resident skimmer expert. His word is gospel on this subject.

I would go with a Bak Pak. I've cleaned collection cups from a Remora & a CPR skimming side by side and have noticed the CPR actually pulls more than the Remora. *shrug* this is based on my own evaluations...that, and I like CPR. :D

I've heard tons of great feedback on the AquaC remoras (I run the nano version on my aquapod and I'm happy with it). Now I'm hearing about the Octopus hang on's but not sure what the verdict is on them yet. Mark (skimmerwhisperer) would be a great person to talk to. Hopefully he'll chimes in soon. Good luck!:)

absolute best, i think deltecs are supposed to be the best, however they are quite a bit more then other quality skimmers i've liked the coralife super skimmer 65, it's worked better then the 220 for some reason, it gets the more dark dense liquid that i like, here's a pic of mine on my tank in my sig, this is about 3-4 weeks worth i think
CSS65skimmate.jpg

that brown stuff... lol that is skimmer bubbles that come out the top and dry out, it's quite gross, it surprised my friend greatly cause he thought it was hard

o and a thought about the cpr, my friend had one and it was really loud with the rio pump, it wasn't really configured right i don't think and i never really got to mess around with it much

Back