I need advise! I can't keep calurpa alive!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Bainic

It only cost $20 honey!!
Yeah, this stuff is suppose to grow like a weed but for some reason I'm having a hard time keeping it alive in my refugium. First I started with Chaeto, and it dissentergrated, then I got some blade calurpa, and most all of it is gone. I think that it first turned a whitish/pale color then disappeared. Do you guys and gals have any ideas?! Thanks!!!!

Yeah, this stuff is suppose to grow like a weed but for some reason I'm having a hard time keeping it alive in my refugium. First I started with Chaeto, and it dissentergrated, then I got some blade calurpa, and most all of it is gone. I think that it first turned a whitish/pale color then disappeared. Do you guys and gals have any ideas?! Thanks!!!!

It needs light and food to survive. I'm assuming youve got the light under control. If your tank is low nutrient then you wont be ableto keep it alive which is a good thing if your keeping sps.

Don

I have a 24w PC on my fuge that's on a reverse schedule, so I don't think that light is the problem.

Hi,

I too suffered this when the lr first went in the tank loads of green then it just disappeared brought some from lfs put it in sump and the same problem as you mentioned. I did not bother for 6 or 7 months then a friend gave me some of the grape variety and hey presto sump is almost over run with the stuff and have also strangely enough introduced the blade variety recently and again a small amount of die back but now showing strong growth.
I have put it down to the tank not being mature enough as the water chemistry seems to be the same but now as i said it has age on its side, i also found putting a small power head in there seems to work for me, my thinking behind it was, nuisance algae always seemed to grow in main tank where there was reasonable water flow. My sump lighting 2 x t8 of which one is a marine white and the other a grow tube both 20watts running for 12 hours.

Ricki

Back