I need help figuring out what calcium reactor to get.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tat2z_21

tat2z_21
Listen guys, I have been part of this group for a little over 6 years, and now I need some serious help. So here it goes as all of you know, I have been getting my tank set up and at this moment every thing seems to be spot on. What I need is some advice. I am in the market for a decent calcium reactor, I have been waiting for an "OBD" reactor to poke its head out. What are some good reactors out there. I am familiar with GEO reactors and Korrallin reactors, what are some other ones out there.

After having a GEO I would never consider anything else. Having said that, I have a Mojo built reactor that I will use on the 210 when It goes back on line for SW. I guess you could call it a OBD gen 1 reactor. Its well built with similar characteristics of a GEO, it would be a 518 though.

I just setup AquaMaxx S1 up to 300gal and its tuned in nd running Great. I also have a GEO that runs great also.

I know that GEO is a well built machine, and was looking at them. I was also looking into the VERTEX R6's. anyone out there use one.

What is an OBD reactor?

I've used a Korralin C1502, Geo 612 reactors and an MRC reactor. Of the three, the only I still have is the Geo Reactor.
Its easy to use, easy to set up and stable.

The only suggestion I would make is to clean and calibrate your pH probe for your pH controller every 2 weeks. I've got two different controllers, (An Aquatic Life controller and a Reef Fanatic controller), and they both show signs of pH drift after a 2 week period. Something to think about....

Nick

How come that sounds like a bunch of 1's and 0's Skimmy. I need you to break that down into lamens terms for me.

What is an OBD reactor?

I've used a Korralin C1502, Geo 612 reactors and an MRC reactor. Of the three, the only I still have is the Geo Reactor.
Its easy to use, easy to set up and stable.

The only suggestion I would make is to clean and calibrate your pH probe for your pH controller every 2 weeks. I've got two different controllers, (An Aquatic Life controller and a Reef Fanatic controller), and they both show signs of pH drift after a 2 week period. Something to think about....

Nick

Nick Thank you for your information. I will definitely put that to use. As far as the OBD GEN 1, it is a highly classified piece of equipment "Oceans By Design" is putting their signature to. You must be a level 33 Reefer in order to acquire such a device.

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

LOL how did I miss this whole thread!! Tat we dont have a Calcium reactor on the market per see. What we do is just to build them to the customers specs, as so many folks all sorts of different conditions in regards to space, height and so on. So in saying that the normal reactor I make is kind of a twin to the one I put up in article form, so a dual six inch with recirc on one and then the other for co2 reduction. But really it comes down to how big you want it, if you want single or dual stage, do you want it a fluidized? or drop down or up? Many ways to skin the cat on this one. If you want feel free to start a thread in our sponsor forum and we can customize one that works with what you need or what you have.

Oh and Dwayne that first gen has to be about 10?? maybe 12 years old by now, if its the one I am thinking about??

LOL how did I miss this whole thread!! Tat we dont have a Calcium reactor on the market per see. What we do is just to build them to the customers specs, as so many folks all sorts of different conditions in regards to space, height and so on. So in saying that the normal reactor I make is kind of a twin to the one I put up in article form, so a dual six inch with recirc on one and then the other for co2 reduction. But really it comes down to how big you want it, if you want single or dual stage, do you want it a fluidized? or drop down or up? Many ways to skin the cat on this one. If you want feel free to start a thread in our sponsor forum and we can customize one that works with what you need or what you have.

Oh and Dwayne that first gen has to be about 10?? maybe 12 years old by now, if its the one I am thinking about??

Thanks, MOJO, I have no idea on the dynamics of a calcium reactor. I know the basics, but have been reading a lot trying to figure them out. I would love to purchase a reactor from you guys. I am looking for a reactor that is efficient, with the ability to possibly and magnesium to create an ionic balance. Obviously with all of the basic's, like a place to install a ph probe. If you have any ideas, or if my thoughts make even a little bit of sense, let me know. Would love to support the new business, even if I am way down here in AZ.

Back