I need help ! Stand design !!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BT115

Hi everyone, i was wondering does anyone have a design for a stand or give me some tips for a stand build the tank is 80x 18 x 19 so it not standard on any sites i've been on ... A design or some tips would be very helpful . Thanks ...have a great day.:|:|

Hi everyone, i was wondering does anyone have a design for a stand or give me some tips for a stand build the tank is 80x 18 x 19 so it not standard on any sites i've been on ... A design or some tips would be very helpful . Thanks ...have a great day.:|:|

My stand is for a 125, here is a link and if interested I have many more pictures that I can send you. I made the doors out of pine planks and the rest is covered with pine tongue and groove planking. It has about 160 # of LR and the weight of the tank, ect. I used all 2x4's with outside deck screws and carpenters glue.

NICE STAND CHICHAS THANKS...... HOLYGRAL yeah could you send them to me .. your link didn't appear

Last edited:
If you time i would like to see the other pics of stand .. It looks real good .. How tall is it ?

I made it 36.5 tall, (standard store bought stands are approx 32" tall) I wanted it more at eye level and I wanted big doors for access. PM me with a email and I will send you additional picts. if you are interested. I also custom built the sump to fit the stand like a glove to maximize capacity with minimal space. It all worked out quite well. :). This was my first stand and my second plexy sump.

Here's my 125g stand.
HPIM0985.jpg

It's perpendicular 2x4's on the corners with a 2x4's connecting the corners. 1 2x6 halfway in the middle on each side with 3/8" plywood on the top and bottom. Underneath the bottom piece of plywood are 4 2x2's that tie in the bottom and keep the plywood up off the floor.

It's then finished off with 3/8" birch plywood stained to match the mahogany in the house.
HPIM1007.jpg

The bottom of the tank is at 38" which for me works fine cause I'm fairly tall and don't need a stool to reach into the bottom of the tank. I like the increased height for both room under the tank and it's more eye level.

ok.. Thanks with these different ideas from everyone , I think I have it, that mahogany looks good ..nice work !!

Back