i need to get rid of some live rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Gudwyn

according to the wife, it's sell it right now or trash it

Would it be totally uncool to bring live rock to the PSAS meeting tommorow? If it was a normal meeting I'd just haul it along and sell/give it away. But being at a vendor it feels kinda tacky.

Opinions?

I would be happy to take some off your hands. Only have 120 lbs in my 180 and it looks just a 'little' too sparse. :)

We could do the transaction in the parking lot, no one would ever know. :p

Eric, I'll throw it in a cooler and bring it along. If you like it, I'll sell it to you for a token price. Hate to see it just die after keeping it skimmed and lit in the garage for ~6 months.

- Dave Dunn

Here's the basic rule of thumb - the club supports and encourages trades, free items and sales between members; that's what makes it fun. If it is done at a meeting, it needs to be arranged in advance, as we dont turn every meeting into a frag sale/etc.

I feel offering rock for free to be delivered at any meeting is just fine and in the spirit of what the club is about.

That's my two cents; besides no one wants to see anything die.

Colleen

OK thanks. LOL on wife comments. OT story from just now...

wife: i swear your fishtank is making it hotter in here...

brain: well it might be making it cooler, its 87F in the house and 80.8F in the tank, good thing i got that 1/3HP chiller in the crawl, man thats suckin down the juice, wonder what the power bills gonna be...

mouth: uh yeah, sorry. oh hey! im gonna get rid of those rocks in the garage like you said!

wife: ....

mouth: yeah, im sure i can get more than i paid...

Back