I want to buy a RO/DI unit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Damsel13

I want to buy a rodi unit that I can hook up under my sink. I was thinking HD would be the place to go. Can anyone guide me in the right direction in making a purchace like this?

Thanks in advance.

Try the Filter Guys, reasonable prices and GREAT customer service. They will walk you thru all aspects of setting up and adding on ect. You can also find reasonable units on Ebay but the customer service is not going to be there.

I have heard many good things about Filter Guys as well... Also, filterdirect on eBay has great price point.

I have recently dealt with The Filter Guys and I encourage everyone to go through them, customer service is the best, prices are great, and the products are very good.

Deb,
I would also recommend http://www.thefilterguys.biz/ I bought my RO/DI through them and their customer service is awesome. I initially emailed them to get advice on the type of system to use on my well water. They not only answered my questions, but also recommended a system that was affordable. They had higher priced units but advised that I could buy a lower cost system and add to it if I needed (a second DI canister I believe) they also followed up after the sale to make sure I had recieved it and to see if I had any questions regarding setting it up. You do not see customer service at that level very often. I am very happy with the system I bought from them.

www.thefilterguys.biz

you really cant go wrong with them.... there product is top notch and there service is the best....

I say do it nice or do it twice..
Picture3002761.jpg

i bought this one it bolts up nice and easy, no compklaints

How long have you had it? I wouldn't recommend these systems. Mine worked fine (0-2 tds)for about 4 months then tds shoot up to 15 tds. I got replacement filters and still no luck. I'm ready to toss it and go to filter guys.

How long have you had it? I wouldn't recommend these systems. Mine worked fine (0-2 tds)for about 4 months then tds shoot up to 15 tds. I got replacement filters and still no luck. I'm ready to toss it and go to filter guys.

Thats not the unit itself, the actual system as a whole works well and is good quality. My only complaint would be the tiny horizontal di cartrige. What is the incomming tds?

Don

wow

i havd the ocean reef + 2 for about a year b4 i noticed a need to change filter... ppm only ever saw 2

replaced filters works great ageain...

Thats not the unit itself, the actual system as a whole works well and is good quality. My only complaint would be the tiny horizontal di cartrige. What is the incomming tds?

Don

Incoming is 126 with as low a 6 out that quickly goes up to around 15 and stays there. My question is why is my tds higher after the fist three chambers before the membrane (173)? I flushed it for 30 min when I changes the filters, and a few minutes before and after each use. Sorry if I hi-jacked the thread.

Incoming is 126 with as low a 6 out that quickly goes up to around 15 and stays there. My question is why is my tds higher after the fist three chambers before the membrane (173)? I flushed it for 30 min when I changes the filters, and a few minutes before and after each use. Sorry if I hi-jacked the thread.

Sounds like you have pressure and temp issues. If it has the desal sp? membrane and youve got good conditions for the membrane. With a incomming tds of 173 the membrane should knock it down to about 8 without any di. The horizontal di isnt going to take up 8 but it should be close. A verticle would easily handle the 8.
Why does it go up? The crud in your filters is dissolving. This may just be calcium and Mg. I wouldnt be concerned with that.

Don

Back