Id and is it dying

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mark peacock

marine67
This is the coral frag that turned green and thought there was a problem with it seems to be ok no difference in over a week but is this normal.

Lighting spectrums can change the coloration of sps. Have you changed any bulbs recently to a different watt, kelvin rating or change brands since purchasing the coral. Do the polyps expand?

what i have done is changed the time of my lighting instead of have full lights on all day for 12 hours i have two blues for the first hour then full blue and whites for 8 hours then last two hours blues and yes they are still showing polyps.:)

It is hard to tell much from the small picture... but since you mentioned that this was a "frag"... so I am assuming that it is new to you and your system? SPS's often take weeks and months to settle down as to which color they will be in our tanks. And, moving from one tank to another, the lighting conditions change, flow changes... everything... which once again they will end up going thru changes. The exact same coral may be a deep blue in my tank... yet in your tank much lighter. Even having two of the same corals in the same tank, yet in different places, can cause a varience in color.

Just keep an eye on your frag, watching for any signs of problems. The color may continue changing to match your particular tank situation... don't be alarmed with that.

Back