Id please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

slim_jim989

Lion in the cave
Well i was looking at my tank today. I noticed lots of little white balls with a fan on the end of it. I already tried poking them to see if they were apitasa lol. But im just lost at what it might be, I found some info on RC that suggested it might be Siliceous sponge, but when I googled that word it wasnt it. So heres a quick picture of it and this is the closes I could get the camera too it. Also the second picture shows how my pod population is growing :)
Thank for your help

DSCF1666.jpg

DSCF1667.jpg

Pineapple sponges, they are little filter feeders that usually grow in shaded/dark areas of our tanks. They are harmless, and who doesn't love a harmless filter feeder!

Thanks, knew it was a pod just wanted to show you my picture taking skills haha jk. So how do you get sponges in your tank?

But i have no previous live rock lol, I had completely dry Macro rock and all frags are on clear plugs besides 2 on ceramics

Yeah Im looking at a sponge ID website and thats what it is. I just wanted to start this tank right so I wanted only dry rock, No need for parasites or pest if I can avoid at all possiblilites. I also dip every coral before it goes into the tank. Now since I only have 2 fish in there that do not eat pods I've been letting there population build. Bought 1000+ when i ordered from a vendor. (it was buy one get one free lol) then one bottle of triggerpods. So one year I should be able to have my Mandarin back.

Mandarins aren't still 100% able to be on prepared food instead of live food. I still like to have natural food for the mandarins or maybe a pipefish later on.

I dont know about that so much. My mandarin will not touch frozen food. better to have a system to support them just in case the one you get doesnt eat prepared food.

I dont know about that so much. My mandarin will not touch frozen food. better to have a system to support them just in case the one you get doesnt eat prepared food.

Does anyone know a lfs that has the Mandarins mentioned for sale?

Aredeaaquarium and barrier are both getting them. But they can only get 2 per order, so it may be a bit of a wait to get them....

You can get them there, there expensive right now and I would still wait untill you have a good stable tank before aquiring one.

Back