Id

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jake65

Been trying to get a good enough pic so they can be identified but this is all I could come up with, sorry. I have a few these around the tank and haven't been able to come up with anything in my research. Have tried to explain them to a few people and have had a few guesses, either majano's or some type of zoo's

again sorry for the crappy pic

jake

Sorta looks like some zoo's to me, good thing or manjo a bad thing, I have bad eyes i guess.

looks like some kind of zoanthid polyp.
or maybe a rock anemone/flower anemone.
looks a bit small for those anemones though..

Matt

I couldn't tell you what they are but someone on here just posted an "anemone ID" thread with very clear pictures. Check it out and see if that is what you got too. I would guess it is a rock anemone... The other things do look like hydroids, I never had a problem with them but sounds like others have... You never know. I wish you were local, then I would ask you to give me some for my "nuisance critter" tank. :)

I don't know! But it doesn't look like a manajo to me. Hopefully someone else can chime in.......anyone??:D

Its just a type of rock anenome if you like leave it. if it starts to spread or sting something you like better nuke it with kalk paste.
No worries

Back