Ideas on a CUC

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Webos

I'm just about finished building my stand for the new 55g and i'm thinking of a new CUC for the tank. I have two nassarius snails and two blue legged hermits that i'll bring over from my 29g. I was thinking of added 1 more nassarius snail and about 6 more hermits. Should I look at getting some turbo snails as well?? The only livestock that I have now are two fp clowns and a six line wrasse.

Thanks

Dan

IMO, it all depends on what you are adding them in for and also if you have enough "food" to support all of them. Also, another determining factor of types of CUC's you can add will be based on if you run a sandbed or not. Example would be brittle stars that usually require sand. If you are adding them in to help clean up the tank and remove waste, remember that although they may eat some algae and detritus, they poop as well so sometimes it doesn't offer you a whole lot of benefits so just something to keep in mind. :)

Last edited:
I am partial to margarita snails. I just bought 60 of them and split them between 5 tanks. I probably have at least 15 in my 55 gal tank. They are a great part of a cuc.
Emerald Crabs too are great algae eaters. They are cool crabs...I think so anyway.

You have nassarius snails, so I am guesing you have a sand bed. Sand sifting starfish are good to help keep the sand bed clean.

Last edited:
Back