If you're considering buying a Reefkeeper Lite (Basic)...now is the time.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rainydave

Chimp in Space......
If you're considering buying a Reefkeeper Lite (Basic)...now might be a good time.

Looks like a small price increase is on the way.

From their support forum
Pricing rumors...

Postby Digital Aquatics on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:01 am
We've heard some rumbling about a rumored price increase on the ReefKeeper Lite (Basic) package... Over a year ago we started a special for the system and priced it at $99.99 (down from $149.99.) It was only intended to run for about 3-4 months. We ended up running this deal for almost 18 months! However based on increase costs of our parts we're no longer able run the $99.99 deal. All that said we will NOT be raising the price back to the $149.99 price as rumors have indicated. We have been able to work out the ability to keep the price amazing low for what you get. The new price for the RKL (Basic) system will be $119.99. This new price will be affective January 1st 2011.

Here are the system contents/info:
1 x RKL head unit (NEW 2.0 firmware!)
1 x PC4 (four independently programable outlets.)
1 x iTemp temperature probe
1 x SID (USB system interface device)
mounting hardware and the new quick start guide.

We will be taking orders at the $99.99 price up until that day. However because of the huge demand there will be some delays in shipping. If you get your order in by 12/31/10 you will get the $99.99 price even if it does not ship by that date.

We hope that helps clear up any rumors of a huge price increase on the RKL (Basic) systems.

Last edited:
Wondering...

The Neptune ACJr Sells for $149.99 and it includes the PH probe port. To me that sounds like a better deal, even with the extra $50 expense...am I thinking straight?

Wondering...

The Neptune ACJr Sells for $149.99 and it includes the PH probe port. To me that sounds like a better deal, even with the extra $50 expense...am I thinking straight?

But I believe the Neptune ACJr doesn't come with any power control at that price, whereas the Reefkeeper controls 4 outlets. For 169.99, you can get the Reefkeeper with the pH control and a pH probe.

Marine Depot has this
# 1 x ReefKeeper Lite head unit
# 1 x PC4 (four outlet power strip)
# 1 x SL1 (pH, ORP, temp, and 2 x switch inputs)
# 1 x iTemp temperature probe
# 1 x (FREE) DA pH probe
# 1 x SID (USB system interface device)
on sale for $169.99 right now (savings of about $60 over purchasing the items separately).

I'm trying to resist ordering it. I know I want to add an ATO and another PC4 soon, so the SL1 and PC4 ($160 by themselves) would be put to use almost immediately. This would leave me with a spare head unit and temp probe.

Decisions, decisions..

Back