Im back onboard

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

big t

tankless
Hey I just wanted to throw out a hey to everyone out there. My life has been changing more rapidly than I can keep up with. As a lot of you know I had big plans with the Air Force, and was preparing to move to Germany. Well for a few different reasons that plan fell apart, (incompetent personnel people, budget cuts) and my orders were cancelled right out from underneath me, 60 days before I was about to move. I was literally just about to put my house on the market, and getting ready to get it all packed up.

So now I am almost out of the Air force, I decided that I didn't like the way the military was going, (I have seen a lot of major changes in the last 10 years, and it just is not as great as it used to be) and did not fancy spending the next 5 out of my next 10 years away from home, hanging out with the Iraqi's (not that I don't just love them.) I have a new job that I started, and plan on getting into some real estate business on the side, and my wife and I are just as happy as clams. So I do plan to start a new tank one day, however I am currently enjoying my little break from that. I have been lerking here and there and throwing out the occasional comment, but I wanted to apologize for any unanswered PM’s in my absence. I thoughtlessly deleted them the other day, so I guess I won’t be getting to them. I will be around more often, and try to help out when I can.

You didn't sell your R1 did you? :eek:

That would have been a tragic loss. :doubt:

Well guess things happen for a reason! Maybe you can start that 12,000G reef you always wanted:D

BigT is in the Hiz-ouse.
Representin' from the flyist of the five.
Yo.

Elos? Maybe :D

The r1 is sitting out in the garage, ready to get me in trouble, haha. It is good to see you guys.

Welcome Back!

Maybe we can fill one of those Big Mugs up with a good ole American Micro Brew and talk Reefing stuff more? Tom its gonna be awesome to see you around again!:)
Ed

I have a cousin that has been in the airforce for over 20 years and he is putting up with the same crap. He just came back to Germany from Iraq. Glad you are back. See you around. Keep that bike parked they will hurt you.

Tom, I understand about the Military changing. The Army offered me E-8 for another 3 years and I declined and retired. To much change is not good for an old soldier. Been retired for 8 years.

As far career goes you planning on staying in the Area your at now or you plan on moving?

Tom, I understand about the Military changing. The Army offered me E-8 for another 3 years and I declined and retired. To much change is not good for an old soldier. Been retired for 8 years.

As far career goes you planning on staying in the Area your at now or you plan on moving?

The military has definatly changed. After spending three years on my belly in a hot ghillie all over the world. The army was kind enough to hold back my e6 because of the way I kept a 762 round out of the butt of a whinnie second lui. Thats when I knew it was time to move on.

When is the Aquapod going up Tom?:)

Don

Tom,
Glad to hear your back/never left. I was wondering how you were doing just the other day...

As another former military person, I can FULLY appreciate the irritation and hassle when "The Good of the Service" is involved...

I got out of the USMC in '97...wasnt married and had lived in the barracks, so that might have been part of the issue, but it took me a year or two to get used to being a human being again....
It also took me a while to figure out which direction I wanted to go in life...
But I'll be honest with you, I'm very happy where I'm at and what I'm doing now. You'll find your way, just dont be to hard on yourself if you decide you dont like your new career. Its okay, you can find another one. You've already made two of the hardest decisions you'll ever have to in your life...

Join the military...well, Air Force anyway.
Leave the Military.

Neither of those are easy IMO/IME.

Glad you're not leaving tho, dont listen to Brendan, get out and ride when you want to.

Nick

Back