I'm dying here!!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

luvnsalt

Ok...I am still on the hunt for a protein skimmer. Has anyone out there heard of either the JEBO 180 or the Prizm? I would like to order one asap but I don't know enough about them. I do know that I cannot afford a real spendy one right now. What is the next best thing? :eek:

I have three prizams and 2 prizam pros. I like them very much. I wouldnt use a prizam normal on anything bigger than about 40 gallons and a prizam pro on anything bigger than a 75 even thought they say rated to 100 and 300 gallons respectivly. I have never used a jebo skimmer but my opinion (just my opinion) is the lights they make are junk. HTH. Steve

I'd go with an Aqua C Remora pulls tons of dark gunk out of my 60 gallon. Or, Aqua C's Urchin. I've heard only great things about them.

I KNOW A IN LAKE WOOD WHO BUYS USED STUFF OFF OF PEOPLE IT MAY BE ALITTLE DRIVE BUT IT IS USUALLY WORTH THE DRIVE. I COULD ASK WHAT HE HAS FOR YOU IT WOULD TAKE ABOUT A DAY SEND ME AN EMAIL @ [email protected]

Last edited:
Oh, yes. Every day I look on Ebay. There are protein skimmers there....I just don't know the diefference. So, I find one and put a note out here in the forum. But so far it hasn't worked for me. :( I'm not giving up though.

luvnsalt said:
Ok...I am still on the hunt for a protein skimmer. Has anyone out there heard of either the JEBO 180 or the Prizm? I would like to order one asap but I don't know enough about them. I do know that I cannot afford a real spendy one right now. What is the next best thing? :eek:

Are you stuck using a hang-on skimmer??. What size tank??

Don

It's not that I am stuck on a HOT skimmer.....but that is really all I can get. I don't have a sump and I would prefer to not have one sitting on the side of my tank. Unless that is what I end up needing. Thanks for the link Angel. I will check it out. Oh, I did email about the Backpack, too. Thanks Don.

With Out A Sump You Seem Destined To Have A H.o.t. Skimmer There Are A Lot Of Good Ones Out There . Sea Dragon By Etss Is An Awsome Hot Skimmer. Stay Clear Of Skilters Or Ones That Are Non Adjustable Or Ones That Could Have The Potential Of Oveflowing(they Are Out There) Cheap Is Not Better Ahot Model Should Be Compairative To In Sump Or Stand Alone Models If It Looks Cheap It Usually Is Tak Time And Shop Around Look At The Diffrent Models Avalable. You Have The Internet Use It. Check Out The Sponsers Or Dot Com Sites.

I've gotten many recomendation's for cpr's bak pak ended up buying a Aqua C Remora pro hang on but the motor looks so ugly large see picture and decided on a sump after only a few months I would get a used overflow box a plactic container return pump and a cpr bak bak in sump model it may add up but you always see people selling cpr bak pak's so your money will mostly be refundable then in the mean time save up and get sompthing better if I could I would get a Euro-Reef Es5-2 any euro reef model seem's to satisfy it's owner and last I know someone here who bought 3 different skimmers and is finnaly happy with his euro-reef I plan on going that route to when i can afford it good luck and try reef central as well :)

Last edited:
I too am looking into getting a new Skimmer. At the moment I have the seaclone 100 on my 85 gal tank and I have been told that I need something better. So ,I have been checking around trying to find what would work the best . I have read that the smaller the bubbles the better. I am really thinking about the Euro Reef . I am not sure which one though. I would need to put it in my sump and it doesn't need to be real tall either. Also I have read about Aqua C Remora. I would like some links to these if anyone can post them for me. Thanks in advance ;) ,Mary

Last edited:
Back