I'm officially in the market for new lighting.Need help.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reefbound

Since I've been out of the saltwater aquarium loop for almost 4 years I could use a little help. I have t5 lighting over my 90 gallon tank,its a 8 x 54 watt unit from nova extreme. I'm looking for a l.e.d unit and I'm not sure what names to look for so any help would greatly be appreciated. I also have a limit in price that I can spend. I'm currently looking at this unit OBD Helios 120w LED Aquarium Fixture| | | Fixtures| Oceans by Design| Your one stop shop for custom glass aquariums| Oceans by Design| Westar| Welcome to Oceans by Design with a controller which is in my budget but I'm wondering if there are others. Thanks for looking.

Keep shopping, look around, check with other aquarium stores.

Then contact OBD. You will not find a comparable unit for the light output and price!!

I bought one of the second generation dimmable China clone knockoffs for my little corner tank and am satisfied with it.
Was ready to upgrade my 180 from my Halide with some used AI Sols.

Then I saw the Helios unit by OBD for just a small amount more than the China junk and same price as used Sols and could not believe the difference. Feel like I bought the new Lexus and only paid the price for a used Toyota.

OBD has some Kessels on sale per their website, but can see no reason to not buy their own Helios units designed and built locally.

Since I've been out of the saltwater aquarium loop for almost 4 years I could use a little help. I have t5 lighting over my 90 gallon tank,its a 8 x 54 watt unit from nova extreme. I'm looking for a l.e.d unit and I'm not sure what names to look for so any help would greatly be appreciated. I also have a limit in price that I can spend. I'm currently looking at this unit OBD Helios 120w LED Aquarium Fixture| | | Fixtures| Oceans by Design| Your one stop shop for custom glass aquariums| Oceans by Design| Westar| Welcome to Oceans by Design with a controller which is in my budget but I'm wondering if there are others. Thanks for looking.

Good choice...................

best bang for your buck i run two of there 6 puck units over my 90g and only use 30% of the lights capacity.

Back