Innovative aquarium Products?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Beckie

I see many folks from Washington. I am looking for info on "innovative aquaruim products" used to be located in Seattle

Any reviews or information would be great.

I see many folks from Washington. I am looking for info on "innovative aquaruim products" used to be located in Seattle

Any reviews or information would be great.

IAP did some work on my 500 gallon cube. It cracked 3 months later and they would not return calls or emails.

They'd moved from Brem to Poulsbo and did go out of buisness after the original owner sold the buisness. Once upon a time they were actually a good company that made solid aquariums, sumps and skimmers; really doesn't matter now though.

Last edited:
Figures... I have 150 gl made by them. Guess the the warranty is a NO GO! I couldn't find them and or a place in Portland to make a repair/leak.

Thanks for the news any way.

You might talk to Eric at the Sharkreef. I know that he used to work closely with IAP. The last time I talked to him about them, he said that they were still working on tanks and equip... just not as much.

I did call James at Envision he was very pleasant to talk to. How ever he does not make repairs. I may look at him to build a new one.

Will try to find sharkreef, thanks

Can I ask what was wrong with you tank? Just curious:rolleyes:

I had IAP build me a tank back in their hayday 120g. All I have to say is that it was poorly made the seams were very sloppy looking and when I sold it to a guy a couple years later that turned it into a sump it was majorly bowed in all sides.

In their defense IAP was a good company with great service before it was sold. I think afterwards the material quality was sacraficed. Most of us locals have had an IAP tank or two and there were plenty of good ones.

Don

Can I ask what was wrong with you tank? Just curious

It was poorly cut- plain and simple. The front and back panes were cut with a slight hourglass shape and the whole thing is "unsquare". It wasn't noticable when I bought it because it was heavily wrapped in protective plastic sheeting. It sat on a shelf in my workshop under a blanket for over a year before I unwrapped it. Once I did, something didn't look right- not blatent, just a slight something that kept catching my eye. when I measured the front of the tank at top, middle, and bottom I got three different measurements. Measured the back- same thing, only the numbers weren't the same as on the front. Also, the seams look like a third grader did them which is why I'm replacing the tank here very shortly; it just looks like a catastrophe in the making. As I said before, and DonW reitterated, the original owner seemed to be a skilled fabricator that produced a quality product. I say this because you never know if he might get back into the buisness and I don't want to be responsible for a bunch of unwarented bad press. My aquarium was manufactured after the buisness was sold.

i know the old owner moved to florida. i have a few that were made by him and they are all well. i did have one made shortly after and it too was fine but not as perfect at the seams and is still running and looking like new. i understand what you are saying and by all means i am not bashing. we all have bad days. i will leave it at that.

I love the tank and looks beautiful. No issues,no crazing, all seams look great ..... except the bottom front has developed a leak . I think it was caused by a bow under the tank in the stand. I discovered when I emptied it. I could not find "IAP" No one local makes repairs. I tried weld on 3 but no good, still slow leak. May just have to give in on this challenge. Would be a huge drag though.
I went to the sharkreef web site and they still have IAP on it but no info. Not so good! Sounds like I wouldn't be happy with the new owner any way

Thanks

Weldon 40 should fix it easily. Can you see a gap where the seem is comming apart?

Don

Back