Input on two items

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mike2112

I am looking for input on two different items that I will be adding to my system--120 gallon FOWLR--that is still in the design/acquire stage.

Overflow Boxes: The Eshopps PF-1200 or the CS 202 Deluxe w/ aqua-lifter pump (the line can be attached to my sump return pump to keep the syphon still operational).

Lighting: I am planning on running a 4 or 6 bulb T5HO system. The Coralife Lunar Aqualight T5HO Fixture with Moonlight LEDs (2 10K bulbs and 2 Actinic) or the Current USA Nova Extreme Pro T5HO (3-10K bulbs and 3 Actinic). From what I have been reading, both are very good systems. I am leaning toward the Coralife due to the LEDs in the system and the price point.

Thanks in advice for the input you all give.

-Mike

Mike,

I sent you a PM with my suggestions/feedback.

FWIW, I like the Current USA nova extreme fixture as I have the 4 bulb model for my office tank...love it...

I use the Eshopps overflow box. I have never had a problem with them. I also use the USA Nova Extreme Pro T5HO (3-10K bulbs and 3 Actinic). Perfect for fowlr. I am keeping soft and lps coral and a GBTA with that light. That is one thing though, there are no moon lights (leds). Other than that I really like this unit.

If you are going to do fowlr the 4 bulb coralife should be sufficient, but if you are even considering coral of any kind, you might want to go with the 6 bulb current unit.

Last edited:
Back