Interesting story on Zoanthids (poisoning)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Saw this on reddit.. my friend showed me it and was asking me 21 questions about it. haha

Just another reminder that nothing in the ocean dies of old age....and has adapted accordingly to live as long as possible.

Nick

That is crazy!! :eek: I knew they were poisonous and I know my track record with marine life "run-in's" weren't that great so I always wore gloves anytime I handled them but that is just crazy! Might as well have a box jelly fish and try pet it!!

Last edited:
Tell me about it....when I was a kid in Hawaii, we used to rip hunks of Zoathids off the rocks and throw them at each other......all I can say is that we were very, very lucky.

Nick

LOL! My buddy here is a dare devil when it comes to reefs. I've watched him many times go down to a reef, no gloves on, put his hand on it for support and pull his head underneath it to see if any fish are under an over hang or in a hole! :eek: I'd be afraid to either rest my hand on something bad or worse, put my head in a hole to have a moray eel grab or nurse shark resting grab me! He doesn't care and does it everytime!

Back